Tuesday 13 November 2012

Plates of Love


I had a lovely request recently that I thought I'd share with you. I was contacted by a lady all the way from America to make a special version of The Woodland Picnic plate for another lady she had met as part of a support group over facebook.

The group were brought together under tragic circumstances, by all having lost babies to a condition know as pprom. The lady explained to me that they had all become firm friends after sharing their feelings and supporting each other through what must be a truly terrible time. They wanted to send a present to celebrate the arrival of baby Ada, a baby that had survived after this tragic time.
I just found the sentiment of this group so touching, don't you think? The lady asked me to include a small rainbow on the design, which is a symbol of the 'pprom warriors' - it show the rainbow that can happen after a storm. And we simply included a 'love from around the world' message to wish the new mum love from all the group.

I was so thrilled to be asked to help share this group's love and support for each other :)

The Little Peach xx

No comments:

Post a Comment